The Barnsley Boundary Walk is made up of twelve short walks joined to form a continuous route some 73 miles (117 km) in length, mainly through the Metropolitan Borough of Barnsley, but also in Kirkless, Wakefield, Doncaster and Sheffield.
You can join the route at any point and enjoy one or more sections to suit your time, energies and travel arrangements.
The series of six leaflets are designed not only to show you the route but also to point out and explain many of the interesting facts and features to be discovered along this very popular walking way.
1. Ingbirchworth to Cannon Hall 2. Cannon Hall to Bretton Hall
3. Bretton Hall to Old Royston 4. Old Royston to Brierley
5. Brierley to Bolton upon Dearne 6. Bolton upon Dearne to Elsecar
7. Elsecar to Tankersley 8. Tankersley to Wharncliffe Woods
9. Wharncliffe Woods to Wortley Station 10. Wortley Station to Langsett
11. Langsett to Winscar 12. Winscar to Ingbirchworth
These leaflets were produced for Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
Any issues relating to the route should be sent to Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council,
Telephone – 01126 772142
Produced by :BMBC 2003, 3rd edition 2015
Re-designed by : Mike Gibson
Illustrations Copyright BMBC