This walk is sponsored by
Length – 14.5 miles
This walk is approximately parallel to the route taken by the Tour de France (‘Le Tour’) when, as part of ‘Le Tour de Yorkshire,’ circled Stocksbridge on Sunday 6th.July 2014. We pick up the route at Langsett, pass through Midhopestones, ascend to both Barnside and Broomhead Moors and skirt the Canyards before leaving the route at High Bradfield. Included are parts of one of the stage two climbs, ‘Le Côte de Midhope.’
- Grade – Mostly well defined paths, some open moorland, rough ground and stiles. Can be muddy in places.
- Start – Langsett Barn Car Park. parking is free. It does get busy, so if it is busy use the lay-by 200 m further up the hill.
- Grid Reference – SE 210 004, 53.5003°N, 1.6836°W
- Public transport – bus 23 and 23A from Barnsley and Stocksbridge stops at the Waggon and Horses Inn. National Express route 350 (Liverpool – Cambridge) stops by request at Langsett. Bus 61 from Hillsborough visits High Bradfield.
- Refreshments –Bank View cafe – Langsett, Waggon and Horses, Langsett,
- Public Toilets – Langsett Barn car park
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2019