Length – 6.0 miles
This walk has plenty of variety. From High Hoyland, we follow the road to Bretton Country Park before taking a circular route through the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. After a steady climb, we leave the Park at the Longside Gallery before following a ridge across fields on our return to High Hoyland.
- Grade – Well defined paths. Some rough ground and stiles. Steady climbs. Some rocky footing. Parts can be muddy and slippy in wet weather
- Start – High Hoyland. This walk may also be commenced from within Yorkshire Sculpture Park (YSP) (4,5)
- Grid Reference – SE 270 097
- Maps – OL1 Dark Peak, OS Explorer 278/288
- Parking in High Hoyland – on the road opposite the Cherry Tree S75 4BE
- Parking in Yorkshire Sculpture Park – there are over 1,150 parking spaces at YSP with car parks at the National Arts Education Archive (NAEA) (4) and at the visitor centre (5). Parking costs £10.00 (all day), £6.00 for 1-2 hours WF4 4JX (2018 prices)
- Public transport – there is no bus service to High Hoyland. The 96 bus runs between Wakefield and Barnsley, with regular stops at YSP
- Refreshments – Cherry Tree (High Hoyland). Cafes in YSP
- Public Toilets – YSP
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2010 – 2020