This route is distributed in association with Sheffield Lakeland Landscape Partnership
An inclusive woodland route, along the north shore of Damflask Reservoir with great views across the water towards the surrounding hills. At the start and end of the route there are slopes approximately 20 metres long with a gradient of approximately 1:12.
- Length – 1.5 miles
- Time – 30 – 40 minutes one way
- Start – Damflask Lodge, B6076 or bus stop on Loxley Road just past Damflask Reservoir dam.
- Grid Reference SK 285 908
- Parking – on-road parking at Damflask Lodge (where there is a dropped kerb), or Loxley Road or B6076 along the dam (no dropped kerbs).
- Public transport – 61 or 62 bus from Hillsborough Interchange to the bus stop on Loxley Road just past Damflask Reservoir dam.
- Refreshments – The Schoolrooms Café is wheelchair accessible. (Mill Lee Road, Low Bradfield, S6 6LB, phone 0114 285 1920).
- Accessible public toilets – Low Bradfield, next to parish council offices, radar key access. The Schoolrooms café also has an accessible toilet.
- Seating – there are benches approximately every 200 m.
Download the route information and gpx data
Map of the route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2020