This circular walk starts at Rivelin Dams and takes you via Wyming Brook Nature Reserve to Redmires Reservoirs and then back again via the scenic route. This journey encompasses a varied mixture of stunning scenery, including fields, moorland, woodland and riverside paths.
- Length – 5.5 miles (8.6 km)
- Grade – A mixture of roads, surfaced tracks, unsurfaced paths and moorland. The initial part of route is steep and uneven. The following sections are fairly level before a moorland section is followed by a riverbank. The latter has copious tree roots. Much of the terrain is uneven. Some parts are dangerous in inclement weather.
- Start – Yorkshire Water car park at Rivelin Dams. This has a height limit of 1.9 m (6’ 2”) and closes at 18:00.
- Grid Reference – SK 277 866
- Parking – free, in the YW Rivelin Lower car park (S6 6GH) or the adjacent road
- Public transport – There are bus stops along the A57. The 51 route terminates at Lodge Moor, close to (5).
- Refreshments – The Three Merry Lads and The Sportsman are on Redmires Road
- Public Toilets – none on the route
Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome walks can be found as recommended routes on the OS Maps App for mobile phones , tablets and pc.
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2021