A short circular walk along the Rivelin valley, west of Sheffield. The route takes the riverside path, before ascending to views over the Rivelin Valley and returning via an ancient route, Coppice Wood, and a bridleway.
- Length – 2.6 miles (4.2 km)
- Grade – A mixture of roads, surfaced tracks and unsurfaced paths. When walking near the river, watch out for tree roots. Most of the route is fairly level, but the terrain can be uneven and wet. There are a couple of steady climbs. In inclement weather, parts can be very muddy.
- Start – Rails Road car park
- Grid Reference – SK 291 872
- Parking – Rails Road car park
- Public transport – the 257 bus route from Central Sheffield passes along the A57 close to the start point.
- Refreshments – The Rivelin Hotel
- Public Toilets – none on the route
Download walk instructions and gpx data
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2021