This walk is distributed in association with Sheffield Lakeland Landscape Partnership
Length – 10.0 miles
This very varied walk includes both wooded, moorland and urban sections. These include bridleways and a section through the steelworks. There are excellent views across the Upper Don Valley.
- Length – 10 miles (16 km). This figure-of-eight walk could be followed in two sections: (1) => (9): (9) => (30). 3.5: 6.5 miles
- Grade – Well defined paths. Some rough ground and stiles. Steady climbs. Some rocky footing. Parts can be muddy and slippy in wet weather.
- Start – Stocksbridge Town Hall
- Grid Reference – SK 273 983
- Parking Maps – OL1 Dark Peak, OS Explorer 278
- Public transport – street parking in the centre of Stocksbridge and on many parts of the route
- Refreshments – Fox Valley, Stocksbridge town centre, King and Miller and Royal Oak in Deepcar
- Public Toilets – none on this route
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2010 – 2020