Length – 6.3 miles
This varied circular walk starts in the market town of Penistone, takes you across fields and then the River Don west of Penistone via the Trans Pennine Trail (TPT) returning via Thurlstone.
- Grade – Mostly well-defined paths, bridleway and roads. There are stiles at field boundaries. Some sections can be muddy
- Start – The TPT car park in Penistone (behind Tesco)
- Grid Reference – SE 244 034
- Parking – in the small free car park behind a row of houses, adjacent to the park.
- Public transport –Penistone Station is 400 m along the TPT in the opposite direction to the start. A number of bus services visit Penistone. Destinations include: Barnsley, Chapletown, Holmfirth and Sheffield
- Refreshments – there are a number of cafes and pubs in Millhouse Green, Penistone and Thurlstone
- Public Toilets – none on this route
- Map OL1 Dark Peak OS Explorer 278 / 288
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2019