This walk is sponsored by
Length – 5.6 miles
This walk around Langsett Reservoir extends beyond the basic loop around the reservoir. It combines woodland with views across open, rugged moorland. Much of the walk is on Yorkshire Water land and is very well signed and maintained. There is a steady climb from Langsett Reservoir to the top of the moor, but the views are well worth the walk. We also include a visit to North America.
- Grade – Steady ascent and descent across fields. A short section on roads. The paths are well defined. There are stiles, steps and gates.
- Start – Langsett Barn Car Park. (Toilet facilities available.)
- Public transport – 257 operated by South Pennine Community Transport, operates on Wednesdays all year from Holmfirth to Stocksbridge Fox Valley stopping at the café/Waggon and Horses in Langsett. Times at www.southpenninect.co.uk
- Refreshments – The Waggon and Horses Inn, Bank View Café, Langsett
- Public Toilets – Langsett Barn.
- Grid Reference – SE 210004
Map of the walk
There is an extension of 3.0 miles to this walk which takes in World War 2 tank training winch machine remains. Langsett WW2 Targets
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2010 – 2020