The Glen Howe Park and More Hall walk starts in the C19th. Pleasure Gardens of Glen Howe Park, before crossing fields, meadow land and woods. We then emerge near More Hall Reservoir before returning via a cruck barn and a listed farmhouse. The walk has a variety of landscapes with ornamental park, woodland, open moors and reservoirs.
- Length 4 miles (6.5 km)
- Grade – Well defined country roads and paths. Some rough ground and stiles. Some steep climbs and descents. Some rocky footing. Parts can be muddy and slippy in wet weather.
- Start and Parking – Glen Howe car park: Storth Lane at the top of Damasel Lane
- SK 296 942
- Maps – OL1 Dark Peak, OS Explorer 278/288
- Public transport -57 bus to Manchester Road, Wharncliffe Side. Then walk up Green Lane to the start point
- Refreshments – Blue Ball and Wharncliffe Arms, Wharncliffe Side
- Public Toilets – Glen Howe Park
Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome walks can be found as recommended routes on the OS Maps App for mobile phones , tablets and pc.
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2021