This route is distributed in association with Sheffield Lakeland Landscape Partnership
An inclusive riverside route starting at the Fox Valley retail park, accessible to wheelchair users and buggies, through the former steelwork’s stockyards, now a housing development, and on through woodland along the river. There are views of the surrounding hills. The path is 2-3 m wide, mostly off-road and is relatively level with some gradients. There are views of the surrounding hills.
- Length – 1.6 miles (2.5 km) in total (outwards and return)
- Time – 15/20 minutes each way
- Start – Fox Valley Retail Park
- Grid Reference SK 275 985
- Parking – Fox Valley Retail Park. Parking is free for four hours.
- Public transport – bus 57 from Sheffield city centre, bus SL1 from Middlewood Park and Ride/Supertram stop. Both routes stop nearby on Manchester Road. There are dropped kerbs to cross the road.
- Refreshments – numerous refreshment options at Fox Valley Retail Park.
- Accessible public toilets – Brearley House, Fox Valley Retail Park. This is near the front entrance to the retail park. Take the lift to the first floor and follow the hallway round to the right.
- Seating – There is seating at Fox Valley Retail Park but not along the length of the route.
Download the route information and gpx data.
Map of the route
Mobile Phone Coverage – Mobile phone signal coverage is mostly good in this area. Intermittent signals can be received on higher ground.
Ordnance Survey map OL1 Dark Peak is recommended for all the routes on this web site.
Great care has been taken to ensure that the information on this web site and associated documents is accurate. However, we accept no liability for any claim, loss, damage or injury (howsoever arising) incurred by those using the information provided. Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Bradfield Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use. Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright – Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2020