This walk is sponsored by
A set of walks around More Hall and Broomhead reservoirs in the Ewden Valley near Bolsterstone and Stocksbridge. Partly on a private road and partly through woodland bordering the reservoir. A beautiful quiet location, with views across the reservoirs. The trees are wonderful all year round. A popular spot for a gentle stroll. The dam wall and the lane are flat and level with a good surface and are suitable for wheel chair users or those who find uneven surfaces difficult.
Most of the paths on these walks are Yorkshire Water permissive paths.
More Hall 2.2 miles. Broomhead 2.7 miles, combined 4.6 miles.
- Length – More Hall 2.2 miles, Broomhead 2.7 miles, Combined 4.6 miles
- Grade – Level walks. The private road and dam wall have good tarmac surfaces suitable for wheelchair users and buggies. The paths by the side of the reservoirs are uneven and can be muddy in winter, boots or wellies are required.
- Start – More Hall and the combined walks. The dam wall, unnamed lane parallel to More Hall Reservoir. Turn off A6102 opposite Ewden Water treatment works.
- Grid Reference – SK 287958
- Start – Broomhead. Ewden Village.
- Grid reference – SK 274960
- Parking – On the road
- Public transport – none
- Refreshments – none on the route
- Public Toilets – none on the route
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2021