Length – 6.5 miles
This varied walk takes you through woods, along streams,through a country park and across fields. There are extensive views, and in spring, opportunities to see bluebells.
- Grade – Well defined paths. Some rough ground and stiles. Parts can be muddy and slippy in wet weather
- Start – High Hoyland
- Grid Reference – SE 270 097
- Parking – on the road
- Public transport –There is no bus service to High Hoyland. The 92/92A service (Barnsley / Cawthorne) goes to Cawthorne (join this route at instruction 7)
- Refreshments – Cannon Hall, Cannon Hall Garden Centre and Thyme Bistro, Cherry Tree (High Hoyland), The Pavilion (Cannon Hall CP)
- Public Toilets – Cannon Hall, Cannon Hall Country Park Car Park.
- Map OL1 Dark Peak OS Explorer 278 / 288
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2019