Length – 9.0 miles
This is a long walk along pack horse routes, moorland and former railway tracks. Some sections can be boggy. There are short sections close to the busy A628. Some of this route is on access land. The land owner can close the area for short periods, usually in the shooting and nesting seasons. There may also be restrictions on taking dogs onto grouse moor access land. More information is available on the Natural England Website
- Grade – Mostly well-defined paths, Trans-Pennine Trail (TPT), stiles and steady ascents
- Start – Yorkshire Water Car Park on the A616 between Langsett and the Flouch roundabout or the TPT at Dunford Bridge
- Grid Reference – SE 202 012 or SE158 024
- Parking – Parking – Yorkshire Water Car Park on the A616 or, the TPT car park at Dunford Bridge. The Yorkshire Water car park has a height limit of 2.1 metres (m). Alternatives are the lay-by which is adjacent to the car park or the Old Manchester Road, at the opposite side of the Flouch roundabout
- Public transport – 257 operated by South Pennine Community Transport, operates on Wednesdays all year from Holmfirth to Stocksbridge Fox Valley stopping at the café/Waggon and Horses in Langsett. Times at www.southpenninect.co.uk
- Refreshments – Refreshments – The Waggon and Horses Inn, Bankview Café, Langsett
Dog and Partridge Inn, Woodhead Road
Please note: the ‘PH’at Dunford Bridge, the Stanhope Arms closed some years ago
- Public Toilets – Langsett Barn
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2010 – 2020