This walk is sponsored by
Length – 5.8 miles
A walk through the rolling countryside around the village of Wortley. Starting close to the former railway station, the route climbs up to Wortley village. From the village the route goes through farm land and woods. The route swings back round and drops back down to the Trans Pennine trail (TPT) which links back to the starting point.
- Grade – Country lanes and fields with mostly well marked paths. Gentle climbs. Can be muddy
- Start – Finkle Street Lane, opposite Plank Gate, near Wortley
- Grid Reference – SK 299 994
- Parking – Cote Green, Trans Pennine Trail (TPT) car park
- Public transport -numbers 23 and 29 bus routes pass through Wortley. Hence, you could join our route at (3)
- Refreshments – Countess Tea Rooms, Wortley Arms, Wortley Club, Wortley Hall (Wortley)
- Public Toilets – none on this route
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2019