Length – 6.5 miles
This is a circular walk in and a round Worsborough near Barnsley. The walk is mostly along defined paths and quiet roads. Some paths can be boggy while other sections may be overgrown. There are short sections close to the M1 motorway. You will pass close to a number of interesting and historical sites: Rockley Engine House, Rockley Forge, Rockley Old Hall, Wigfield Farm and Worsbrough Mill.
- Grade – Mostly well-defined paths, Trans-Pennine Trail (TPT), stiles and steady ascents
- Start – Trans Pennine Trail (TPT) Kendal Green Crossing car park near Wigfield Farm (1) or Worsbrough Mill car park (4)
- Grid Reference – SE 344 038, or SE 349 034
- Maps – OL1 Dark Peak, OS Explorer 278
- Parking – TPT Kendal Green Crossing car park near Wigfield Farm (1), or Worsbrough Mill car park (4). There is a charge for the Worsbrough Mill car park, but no charge for the TPT car park
- Public transport – 66 to Worsbrough Mill (4) from Barnsley Interchange
- Refreshments – Cock Inn (Birdwell), Edmunds Arms (Worsbrough), Millers Tea Rooms (Worsbrough Mill), Wigfield Farm
- Public Toilets – Wigfield Farm, Worsbrough Mill
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2021