Commencing in the Rivelin Valley, we progress along some quiet roads before a steep drop into the Loxley Valley. A riverside stroll is followed by a strenuous climb to Storrs, a drop and another climb to Underbank Chapel, all with extensive views. Another climb takes us into Stannington before a descent to the Rivelin Valley and a riverside walk to our start point.
- Length – 7 miles (11.2 km)
- Grade – a mix of roads, fields, woods and riverside sections. Included are strenuous climbs and descents.
- Start – Rivelin Valley Road car park
- Grid Reference – SK 324 888
- Parking – Rivelin Valley Road car park. This has a height limit of 1.8 m (5’ 10”). Travelling from Malin Bridge, the car park is signed off Rivelin Valley Road. However, the sign is mostly obscured by a tree.
- Public transport – the Blue Supertram route from Sheffield terminates at Malin Bridge. The 81 and 82 bus routes pass close to the start point and also travel to Stannington (16).
- Refreshments – Anvil, Crown and Glove, Hollybush, Rivelin Hotel, public houses, Rivelin Valley Park Café
- Public Toilets – adjacent to Rivelin Valley Park Café
Download walk instructions and gpx data
Map of the walk
This document was produced by and is copyright to the Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome group. Walkers are Welcome UK is a nationwide network which aims to encourage towns and villages to be ‘welcoming to walkers’.
Material on the website is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the text, graphics and information contained in this web site (including downloads) is owned by Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome. You may print, or download to a personal computer, extracts for personal use.
Permanent copying and/or storage of whole or part of this web site or the information contained therein or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited unless agreed otherwise.
Copyright Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome 2021